Software: QGIS 2.4, 2.6
ECW and Mr SID Imagery are now supported with the default installation on any Windows OS.Linux and Mac are still unsupported unless you compile support into the software.
Software QGIS 1.8
Operating System: Windows 7
- Go to http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/ and download the latest installer.
- Install everything in the Express Desktop Install.
- Go to http://downloads.erdas.com/reqdownload.aspx?guid=53e5b5ff-3591-4dcc-ac74-5aa985ab9ffd and download the ecw libraries and install. Sign your life away.
- Copy the library (*.dll) files from C:\Program Files (x86)\ERDAS\ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 Read SDK\bin\vc90\win32 (note I am on windows 7 64 bit so look in just Program Files if needed)
- Paste those files into C:\OSGeo4W\bin and C:\OSGeo4W\bin\gdalplugins\1.9
- Change the qgis.bat file to now include the line – set GDAL_DRIVER_PATH=”%OSGEO4W_ROOT%”\bin\gdalplugins\1.9
- Re-open the OSGEO installer – click Advanced Install. In the section marked for libraries install gdal-ecw library. I also did two things for good measure. Reinstall GDAL to get it to 1.9.0-3 and made sure that the gdal-mrsid was installed.
- Start qgis and you should have access to both Mr. Sid and ECW.
- If you open the OSGeo4W, type gdalinfo –formats you should see both the Mr. SID and ECW formats listed there also.