Set up a server in the cloud or in your office to maintain address data for the State of Tennessee’s Next Generation 911 System. With this server you can maintain or create: Addresses, ESNs, and Street Centerlines in a compliant database that exports to
The Server Includes:
- QGIS 3.10.X – Provides the editing and map printing environment.
- PostgreSQL/PostGIS – maintains the Data in a database and with a projection.
- Geoserver – Can push your data into an existing online map or an online map created for the purpose of viewing this data.
- Fulcrum is the only commercial portion of this as it allows you to collect data and share it with QGIS/PostGIS/etc with ease.
- QAQC Tools on addressing
- Share data with other GIS Clients
- Push Data to a web map
Screenshot showing Henry County TN’s QGIS setup.
The database set up in PostGIS follows the TN NG-911 Standard and will share data with ESRI Software and and with Computer Aided Dispatch systems that work with any standard GIS File Format..
With it you can:
- Add and Edit Data
- Make Maps and Map Books
- Export to the State of TN’s NG911 Database
- Have Unlimited Desktop Users
- Leverage Tennessee’s LIDAR data into your organization easily.
The biggest expense in this setup is the services. The Free and Open Source software is industry standard and backed by a community of users and commercial entities. Your organization doesn’t have to spend thousands on software for a legacy enterprise system. You can push that money into training, data cleanup, and enhanced services to help your community.