- Software: QGIS 3.x
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac
This came up from the tutorial on the National Map. The USDA also published WMS Services that change every year as new imagery is published. The services are stored here: http://gis.apfo.usda.gov/arcgis/rest/services/NAIP
All the NAIP is stored as one image.
You want the WMTS Service
If you want to do this a bit easier:
- Open QGIS.
- Click Here. Click the Download as zip button on the lower right hand side of the page.
3. Extract the Zip File.
4. Open your Data Source Manager. Click the WMTS menu.
5. When the Add Layers Menu opens click load. Load the xml file from the unzipped file.
6. Select that State from the pulldown widget on the main Add Layers menu. Click Connect.
7. Hopefully you will see the following: