North River Geographic Systems, Inc. provides support for organizations or projects based work. We work almost exclusively with Free and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics (FOSS4G). The software we prefer to work with:
We also use Fulcrum for Mobile Data Collection.It’s not Open Source but works very well with the software we use.
Project Based Work:
- Estimates are free.
- If travel is involved that will be included as a separate item on the invoice.
- We require 20% down to be paid up front for projects. This will be subtracted from your Invoice.
- Invoices are sent at the end of every month until the project is completed.
- Hours are honest – if we don’t know what needs to be done you won’t be charged until we figure out the problem.
- Onsite work will be billed at a different rate.
Yearly Support Packages
- We also offer a yearly support package for your organization. This can cover everything from software support to project based support. We work until the hours are exhausted (either by month or year) and we can bill for more hours.
- All yearly support packages are paid up front. A discount is applied for yearly support.
- No refund for unused hours.
- Customized for each organization – we want to help you and not wreck your budget.
QGIS Support Packages
- If you need support for QGIS we can provide an estimate for your organization
- We can file bug reports if necessary
- Phone support from M-F 8 to 5
- We can work with developers to build plugins for your organization. These will come with a estimate outside of normal charges for QGIS Support.
- Support does not include production project based work. Estimates can provided to help with projects.
TN NG911 Server
- Yearly Packages are available for this platform. This will cover the software as well as project based support. This covers a number of hours a month. Once those hours are used we can continue work at an hourly rate or stop and wait for the next month.
- Any work needed onsite will be billed separately from the support package.