- Software: QGIS 2.14
- OS: Windows, Linux
If you’ve ever tried to install the Photo2Shape plugin you get an error complaining about the lack of an exifread program. There’s no quick easy way form the plugin menu to install it so a lot of people have given up on it.
This works for Windows and Linux. I haven’t tested this on a Mac.
- Install the pip installer for python.
- Execute sudo apt-get install python-pip
- From the command line execute pip install exifread
- Install the Photo2Shape plugin
- As far as I know this only works for the OSGEo4W installer for QGIS. Those of you with the standalone installer will need to uninstall and change to the OSGEo4W installer.
- Install QGIS using the OSGeo4W installer.
- Once installed start Setup again (under the OSGeo4W program) and select Advanced install
- Install python-pip by searching for pip:
5. From the OSGeo4W Shell (open it first) type pip install exifread
6. Install Photo2Shape