- Software: QGIS 2.8
- Operating System: Windows, Linux, OSX
ArcINFO coverages were a data format during the days of ArcINFO. You still find coverages out and about although it is getting rare. When you download a coverage is going to come with two directories: one directory is INFO and one is the name of the coverage (such as roads/parcels/etc)
1. Unzip or Un-TAR your coverages into a directory.
2. Open QGIS.
3. Click your Add Vector Layer and select Directory and Select your Type to be Arc/INFO Binary coverage
4. Select the directory that isn’t INFO – in other words select The directory that is roads, parcels, or whatever. When you do that click OK and you should see:
5. Choose you feature of point, lines, polygons and add them to QGIS. Please note you can’t edit the coverage – you can convert it into another data format.