Examples of work and clients we’ve been lucky to work with over the last 12+ years. Tri State Forestry Consulting: 2008-Present
- Took multiple shapefiles and merged them into a Postgresql/Postgis database
- Replaces an underpowered Arcview workflow
- Created a workflow to collect field data and import it into a GIS
- Generated a Map Book using QGIS for Display of Tract Information
US Virgin Islands: 2013 to Present
- Worked with AppGeo and Spatial Focus on Addressing 1500 houses in the US Virgin Islands
- Worked with Field Crews on Island to Assign Addressing Points.
- Worked with Territorial Government and Stakeholders in the project.
- Worked with QGIS, Postgis/Postgresql/Fulcrum to help in assigning those addresses.
With the Hurricanes of 2017 we helped located damaged homes and business in the territory using remote sensing, qgis, postgis, and an array of data sources. Data was provided back to the territory, USACE, FEMA, and other agencies as requested.
Chatsworth Water Works Commission – 2015 to Present CWWC is a water utility located in North Georgia. Over the last few years NRGS has helped transition them from ESRI Software to a mixed environment consisting of QGIS, Postgresql/PostGIS, Fulcrum, and ArcGIS. Until the last bit all of CWWC’s water data was tied up in a FIle Based Geodatabase. That data was migrated over to PostGIS and QGIS has been installed on multiple computers though out the agency to assist with editing data and updating attributes. Fulcrum is used to collect new assets and update existing assets back to the postgresql database.
Tennessee River Gorge Trust – 2017 to Present The Tennessee River Gorge Trust’s mission is to protect the Tennessee River Gorge as a healthy and productive resource for the community through land protection, education, community engagement, and good land stewardship practices. NRGS has been helping strengthen their existing GIS and help move them forward with a nice blend of proprietary
Henry County 911 – 2018 to Present
Henry County 911 is located in NW Tennessee. NRGS came in and installed QGIS/PostGIS/Geoserver to move their geospatial system to an enterprise setup. Fulcrum is also being used to collect addressing and Hydrant information.