The Intro to QGIS class is always evolving. Which is good.
- Location: 4275 Shackleford Road #175, Norcross, GA 30093
- Cost $325
- Date – May 20th 2015
This 8 hour workshop is designed to introduce you to QGIS 2.8, an alternative Open Source GIS software for viewing, editing, and managing spatial data in a wide variety of commonly used vector and raster formats. It is lightweight, flexible, and can be installed on Windows, MacOSX, Linux, as well as Android devices. Best of all, most will find QGIS to be extremely affordable while still providing a growing list of features and functionality.
I’m also trying to add more comparisons with ArcGIS. Because 90% of the people that take the class arc ArcGIS users.
- So how do lyr files and qlr files stack up
- Data formats – Can you open a File Based geodatabase in QGIS? Edit it?
- Making a map? Easy? Worse? Better? Lousy?
- Topology – does it work in QGIS?
Anyway – I will cram all this stuff into one a one day event..and make it enjoyable. It should be pretty smooth. Bring a laptop if you wish. Bring Questions. Bring Data. I will have data and Exercises to do during this one day event.