I’m a little late to the game as this was released right before FOSS4G 2017. If you have a Open Source GIS itch to scratch – here is your chance without installing any software.
You can test drive geoserver, qgis, gvsig grass, open layers, qgis, cesium, geomoose, geonode, mapserver etc……..
Download the OSGeo-Live 11.0 image at http://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html
This release has been a major reboot, with a refocus on leading applications and emphasis on quality over quantity. Less mature parts of the projects have been dropped with a targeted focus placed on upgrading and improving documentation.
- Windows-only applications/installers
- Overviews of OGC Standards
- Some applications that did not meet our review criteria
- We now only support a 64 bit distribution (32 bit is built but not officially supported)
- Support for isohybrid ISO images with UEFI
OSGeo-Live is a Lubuntu based distribution of Geospatial Open Source Software, available via a Live DVD, Virtual Machine and USB. OSGeo-Live is pre-installed with robust open source geospatial software, which can be trialled without installing anything.
- Close to 50 quality geospatial Open Source applications installed and pre-configured
- Free world maps and sample datasets
- Project Overview and step-by-step Quickstart for each application
- Lightning presentation of all applications, along with speaker’s script
- Translations to multiple languages
Download details: http://live.osgeo.org/en/download.html