North River Geographic Systems, Inc was started by Randal Hale in 2006. For the last 14+ years, he had worked for the federal government in a production mapping environment. What started as a hobby grew into a full-time job in 2008. For a while, NRGS was an ESRI Business Partner and Certified Trainer. In 2013, NRGS worked on a job in the Caribbean and changed the way we looked at geospatial information.
In 2016 we became recognized as a commercial support provider for QGIS. We also became a business partner for Fulcrum App. NRGS also became more focused on data and problems vs software. Our choice of supporting QGIS, PostGIS/PostgreSQL, and Fulcrum provides clients with a flexible and progressive platform to support data and answer questions.
We try to follow three simple things:
1. Data is everything – Your data is the most important part of your geospatial endeavors. The tools we use are very flexible when it comes to data and the format in which it is stored.
2. Standards Based Tools – Our Tools revolve around geospatial standards. QGIS, PostGIS/PostgreSQL, and Fulcrum provide very flexible cost-effective tools for us and our clients.
3. Proven methodologies – In the last 12+ years we’ve worked with:
- Forestry Companies
- County and City governments
- Territorial Governments
- Non Profits
- Emergency Service Providers
We develop a budget, work with your data, provide answers to questions, and do whatever needs to be done to complete the project. We’re always around to help. No client to small or too big.