North River Geographic Systems, Inc is a consulting company in the southeastern US. We work primarily with Free and Open Source Software for Geoinformatics (FOSS4G). The toolsets we use revolve around:
- Fulcrum (Not Open Source but it has a lot of Open Source DNA).
For over 12 years we have provided consulting, migration, training and support services for clients. The owner, Randal Hale, has over 25 years of experience in the geospatial industry.
NRGS tries to follow three simple things:
1. Data is everything: Your data is the most important part of your geospatial endeavors. The tools we use are very flexible when it comes to data and the format in which it is stored.
2. Standards Based Tools: Our Tools revolve around geospatial standards. QGIS, PostGIS/PostgreSQL, Geoserver, and Fulcrum provide very flexible cost-effective tools for us and our clients.
3. Proven methodologies: In the last 12+ years we’ve worked with:
- Forestry Companies
- Non Profits
- County and City Governments
- Territorial Governments
- Emergency Service Providers
We develop a budget, work with your data, provide answers to questions, and do whatever needs to be done to complete the project. We’re always around to help.