NRGS is in business of providing geospatial services to solve problems and provide answers. We employ standards based software (open source and/or commercial), proven methodologies, and over 20 years of expertise to create solutions. We don’t have a prepackaged solution of services we are going to try to sell you. Every problem is unique and we will use every tool available to produce an answer that is compatible with your needs. We try to be as innovative as possible without breaking your budget or causing extra headaches.
Over the last few years we’ve done everything from working in enterprise GIS environments to working ‘off the grid’ collecting data and problem solving. We’ve worked with large groups of people in large companies and we’ve worked one on one with clients. We’ve worked with state agencies, territorial governments, private companies, and non profits.
We can provide:
- Project Management
- Data Conversion
- Deploying Geographic Information System
- Data Collection
- Data Cleanup
- Troubleshooting Problems
- Providing easy to understand answers to complicated problems
Have a project and you can’t find anyone to help?
One of our services is a T&M NTE (Time and Materials Not Too Exceed) service contract. It’s a budget friendly way for you to maintain a support budget and us to work with clients to provide answers. The last thing either of us wants is to wreck your budget with unexpected costs. If you don’t need us one month – Don’t pay. Need us the next month? Then we start working again. What if we run out of allotted hours? It’s up to you to tell us to move forward or wait. This contract lasts for one year and gives you the ability to have an answer for all your questions. Send us an email if you would like to discuss more.
- Most of our T&M NTE Contracts run between $800 and $1200 a month for the average client.
- Hourly rates are ‘Honest’. We are here to help and answer questions. Not learn. Some hours stretch much longer than 60 minutes.
- Clients are Open Source and Commercial (ESRI). Although different software is fun and more budget friendly – we’ll work with ESRI software when needed.
- We try to be flexible for your benefit.
Curious about Open Source GIS?
Another area we are spending more and more time in is Open Source GIS. You often hear it called FOSS4G (Free and Open Source Software for GIS). Generally we work with any software tool, but for the last few years open source GIS has been an area that is of growing interest to our clients and is starting to be 80% of our business.
Open Source GIS Software is:
- Growing in ease of use
- Is compatible with almost all commercially available GIS software (ESRI software being one)
- Has professional support and has community driven support.
For one client we upgraded their GIS setup with open source software. The client had hit a wall with Arcview.
They needed more functionality but couldn’t afford an upgrade. So we transitioned their data into postgis for storage, use qgis for editing, and we’re exceptionally close to publishing their data as a web application. Total cost of this transition was only NRGS’s time for setting this up. They are now producing better data with no extra licensing or extra hardware costs:
- Need a Website for Public Display of GIS Data?
- Easy and Fast Access to your GIS Data
- Brings the familiarity of Google Maps and StreetView to your Data
- Is Mobile Ready
- Allows your citizens to explore your data in ways
Give us a call (423.653.3611) or send us an email .