Dang Randy, you’re shilling for the man. I know – BUT THIS IS LOCAL TO CHATTANOOGA.
So – come to Chattanooga in March – March 6-9 2017!
The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) partner together to provide a conference that assists assessment and appraisal professionals in visualizing how they can work more effectively through the use of technology. This conference explores the important role that integration of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) systems plays in providing access to data and analysis of information for better decision making within a jurisdiction.
- As an appraiser, this conference is a wonderful way to see the power of GIS and how it is being utilized. For those in GIS, exposure to how your users are leveraging your systems, and what they need, is a wonderful way to enhance your operation. This conference is the ideal place to be inspired by the work of others in our industry. – Scott Rountree, Augusta-Richmond County Board of Assessors
- Best and most valuable conference I attend every year. Technology is rapidly changing the way mass appraisal is administered and if you’re not at this conference, you’re not on the cutting edge of our industry. – Warren Dixon, Naperville Township (IL) Assessor
- The GIS/CAMA Conference has always provided a wonderful range of informative topics relevant to an ever-changing and emerging technology. Additionally, it’s the best platform to mix and mingle with the “old-timers” who can mentor newcomers and for the newbies to bring novel ideas to the discussion. -Tony Lindauer, Jefferson County (KY) Property Valuation
- Sometimes we get bogged down in the minutia of our work. The conference gives you a week to share struggles and solutions with other people and get inspired again about what we do. -Danielle Simpson, Boulder County (CO) Assessor’s Office
- CAMA/GIS is most beneficial to the technical staff in your jurisdiction. Ken Wilkinson, CFA, Lee (FL.) County Property Appraiser
- This conference has a high return on investment. Having an office representative attend the GIS/CAMA conference each each year is essential if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest GIS and modeling implementations. What you learn from presentations, and perhaps most importantly, conversations with peers from around the globe, are more than worth the price of admission. (And who doesn’t want to learn how to use free, open-source software that improves assessment valuations and processes?) – Paul Bidanset, Real Estate Valuation Modeler (VA)
- The integration of GIS and CAMA is no longer an idea of the future, but instead a necessity for proper assessment practices today. The GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference gives their attendees many different possibilities to assist the way each individual office works. -Maureen Sterrenberg (IL)